An essential part of the CPEC is to promote and facilitate institutional collaboration between China and Pakistan. Institutions in all fields of life are enriching their association across the border to benefit from enhanced knowledge pool and diversified social context. You can now be affiliated with the CPEC Portal and get introduced to counterpart institutions across the border.
In the primary stage, the two governments have created cross-border linkages amongst various public and private institutions. These collaborations are not restricted to a single field and diversify the cooperative network to academia, electronic and print media, cultural institutions, and research & development organisations.
These collaborations include:
- MoU between NUML, Islamabad, and Xinjiang Normal University, Urumqi, for cooperation on higher education.
- Agreement on collaborative establishment of NUML International Center of Education (NICE) between NUML, Islamabad, Pakistan, and Xinjiang Normal University, Urumqi, China.
- Cooperation between the State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Films and Television of China, and Ministry of Information, Broadcasting and National Heritage of Pakistan.
- Tripartite agreement between China Central Television, PTV, and Pakistan Television Foundation, on the re-broadcasting of CCTV-NEWS/CCTV-9 documentaries in Pakistan.
- Establishment of a radio channel, FM 98-‘Dosti’ studio by PBC-CRI in Islamabad.
- Establishment of the China Cultural Center in Pakistan
- The Research & Development projects are aimed at nuancing the issues faced in the region and finding cutting-edge, win-win solutions to them.
- Establishing a joint think-tank for policy research on CPEC, called Research and Development International (RDI) under the collaborative expertise of Pakistan-China Institute (PCI), Chinese Academy for Social Sciences (CASS), and China Institute for Reforms and Development (CIRD).
The CPEC Portal is acting as a bridge between institutions in China and Pakistan. Institutions belonging to any field are welcomed to register with the Portal to develop institutional association across the border for sharing knowledge, conducting joint research, developing exchange, and enhancing business.